At Poplar Grove Utility District, we use an Automated Meter Reading (AMR) system. This initiative came after many months of evaluation of the various AMR technologies available.
PGUD is constantly looking for ways to improve service to its customers. The benefits of an automated meter reading system include:
- Increased employee productivity
- Reduce future meter reading costs and water loss
- Improved accuracy through the elimination of human error
- Improved customer service initiatives, including leak detection and hourly consumption history
- Provide a safer work environment for PGUD employees
- Minimize the need for monthly access to a customer’s property (PGUD will still need to access to troubleshoot, repair and/or replace a water meter)